MR. MUHWEZI DIDAS
ART CLINIC COORDINATOR
The ART/HIV clinic is one of the specialized clinics that provide Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) and other HIV Services in the hospital. It covers a vast range of services such as HIV Testing and Counseling (HTS), HIV prevention including EMTCT, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), HIV care and treatment, TB screening and management, Psychosocial Support (PSS). Some of these services are carried out in multiple departments of the hospital beyond the ART/HIV clinic such as HTS in all hospital entry points and wards.
Our Mission To provide quality, equitable and sustainable HIV/AIDS care and other health care services in the region, in Uganda and Internationally.
Our Vision: To become recognised institution in providing quality and excellent HIV/AIDS care in the region and Uganda at large
Our Mandate Provision of excellent & quality HIV/AIDS care by focusing on access, equity, efficiency and sustainability of services.
The departments in ART clinic include:
- Counseling department that involves PSS counselors (social workers), HTS counselors
- Data/Records Department
- Pharmacy department
- MCH (ANC & EID Mother Baby Point Of Care)
- TB care (One stop shop center)
- Clinical department.
- Community department that involves: PLHIV networks/Peers
Objectives / Core Values
- Caring: We aim to be client friendly, responsive, kind & patient at all times.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence through hardworking and having a passion for continuous quality improvement.
- Innovation: We embrace change as an opportunity rather than fear it as a source of anxiety or extra work in order to improve and excel.
- Team work: We are reliable and royal to each other and build trust by honoring our commitments. We value each other’s strength and extend our values to implementing and supporting partners.
- Accountability: We are always responsible and try hard to achieve those things which we are accountable.