MR. NIRAGIRE FIDEL
IN CHARGE PHYSIOTHERAPY DEPARTMENT
Vision: To have improved quality of life to people with impaired body parts, disabled and handicapped in Kigezi region.
Mission: To provide quality physiotherapy healthcare services to all impaired, disabled and handicapped in Kigezi region.
Mandate: To carry out quality physiotherapy services for restoration of function to impaired, disabled, and handicapped people in Kigezi region through promotive, preventive, curative, palliative and rehabilitative services.
- Prevention of physical disabilities which result from disease, injuries and congenital abnormality.
- Restore function to people with disabilities.
- Enable people with disabilities access appropriate appliances and be trained how to use them
- Function of impaired body parts restored.
- Mobility of disabled improved.
- Appropriate appliances prescribed and patient trained how to use them.
- Patients examined, assessed, and referred for appropriate services eg. Corrective surgery, schools etc.
- Teamwork among physiotherapists in the physiotherapy department and other Hospital staff in general.
- Creation of special clinic for children with cerebral palsy done on every Friday of the week
- Identify gaps, carry out corrective and preventive measures through continuous Quality Improvement projects.
- Organization of the department through 5S implementation.