About Kabale Regional Referral Hospital
A center of excellence providing a high quality, general and specialized health services for a healthy and productive population in Kigezi region.
To provide accessible and quality health care to all people in Kigezi region through delivery of promotive, preventive, curative, palliative and rehabilitative health care.
“Accelerate movement towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC) with essential health and related services needed for promotion of a healthy and productive life”
Kabale Regional Referral Hospital
Established in the 1918 and started as a small unit serving expatriate staff and business communities until when it became a government district hospital in 1930. It remained as the only district hospital in Kabale up to 1995 when it became a Regional Referral hospital. It was accorded the status of Semi- Autonomy in November 2002. The Hospital is located in the South Western part of Uganda 426 kilometers from Kampala. The hospital serves an estimated population of 20 million and has a bed capacity of 280, with a staffing level currently at 62%. It also serves the districts of Kabale, Kisoro, Rukungiri, Kanungu, Rubanda, Rukiga and some parts of Ntungamo as well as neighboring countries of Rwanda, Burundi and the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo, through the border posts of Katuna, Bunagana, and Kamwezi.
To provide specialized and general health care, conduct training, research and support supervision to other health facilities in Kigezi Region to improve quality of services in line with the sector development plan
- To contribute to the production of a healthy human capital through provision of equitable, safe and sustainable health services.
- To address key determinants of health through strengthening inter-sectoral collaboration and partnerships.
- To strengthen training and institutional research.
- To improve effectiveness and efficiency of hospital services.
In order to execute its function as a regional referral hospital, there is mandatory requirement to develop a facility strategic plan. This plan 2015/16-2019/20 is developed in line with the goals and objectives of the second National Development Plan, National Health Policy and the Health Sector Development Plan.
- Compassion: We seek to care for all as we wish to be treated by valuing and caring for every individual; being sensitive and attentive to their needs in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Professionalism & Excellence: we do our best each day to improve all aspects of Kabale Regional Referral Hospital especially the services we provide to our clients by dedicating one’s time to service.
- Integrity: We work to earn the trust of those we serve and strive to do what is right for them every time by upholding firm principles and high standards, demonstrating a high level of trust and honesty.
- Collaboration: We work as a team and partner with other organizations to benefit our patients, their families and the community by looking beyond oneself and working in partnership with others; building trust through openness and goodwill.
- Stewardship & Openness: We develop and manage our human, financial, material and other resources to benefit and support those we serve by being upfront and truthful in actions & words.
- Commitment & Respect: We are dedicated to Kabale Regional Referral Hospital vision, mission and objectives and upholding the highest professional integrity. Every individual is treated with consideration and dignity.