Quality Improvement Team- Kabale Regional Referral Hospital
To be a leading centre of excellent TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT in provision of holistic health services in KIGEZI REGION
To equitably and qualitatively provide health services at Kabale Regional Referral Hospital to the satisfaction of the people of Kigezi.
Promote continuous quality improvement aimed at substantial and sustainable positive change in health care and Provide guidance on important quality improvement activities, Conduct monitoring and evaluation and provide feedback on quality improvement issues
We are team of Highly Self motivated and highly qualified professionals both in quality improvement aspect and our various professional qualifications. We are the pride of Kabale regional referral hospital, comprising of forty five members and we embrace team work so much. We periodically celebrate our success, award gifts, trophies, stickers and certificates to the best performing departments.
Sr Bako Lilian
Our team consist of:
- The Senior Hospital Administrator
- The principal nursing officer
- The quality improvement focal person
- The secretary for quality improvement team
- All heads of departments
- All incharges of units or sections
- All members of infection prevention and control committee
- All incharges of suppport staff
- Teamwork both internal and external Client Safety and satisfaction
- To ensure a clean, safe and clutter free work environment that enables easy access to items needed for use.
- To improve quality of health services through the implementation of quality improvement projects
- To reduce work related errors leading to increased patients’ safety by use of ‘KAIZEN’(CQI)approach in aspect of continuous quality improvement.
- To promote infection prevention and control(IPC) among health care providers, patients and attendants by teaching and implementing or practicing infection prevention and control standards such as teaching and availing hand hygiene amenities and all other IPC standards.
- To lessen hospital acquired infections in the hospital through continuous medical education.
- To promote better waste management techniques in order to maintain a hygienic environment and reduce risk of infection to health care providers, support staff and t.he surrounding community.
- To reduce cost of health care by reducing wastage of resources, both to the client and the institution.
- To assess evidence to determine what constitutes optimal care.
- To Partner with patients and give them a voice in shaping a quality health system
IMPLEMENTATION STRUCTURE ESTABLISHED FOR IMPROVING 5S-CQI-TQM AT KABALE REGIONAL REFERRAL HOSPITAL
Deploy policy and strategies to the Middle managers to achieve the vision, mission and credo of the Hospital.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT TEAM
- Coordinate all QI activities
- Train hospital staff on QI activities
- Conducting situation analysis before implementing any QI activities
- Implementing QI activities for solving common problems of the hospital
- Conducting periodical monitoring and evaluation, and provide technical advice to WITs for further improvement
- Responsible for record keeping and archives of all QI activities conducted in the hospital
- Reviewing situation analysis and the action plan
- Allocate resources in effective and efficient manner for QI activities
WORK IMPROVEMENT TEAMS (WITS) ALL STAFF IN EACH UNIT
- Orient newly posted staff on QI activities
- Implement all QI activities at the department or section level
- Share and contribute ideas, effort and time to help improvement of the team’s effectiveness with the department or section level
- Conducting monitoring & evaluation of day-to-day QI practice.
- Document & share the results of M&E within other staff in the department or section
- Have a regular communication with QIT.